Blue is a 14 year old Catahoula Dog who ate an electric blanket last week. He has been doing well at home but started vomiting last night and this morning. This morning he also vomited a piece of a blanket.
X-rays reveal several bright foreign objects within the stomach as well as large pieces of unknown material. Blue was put under anesthesia and an endoscopy was performed to evaluate his stomach. Inside his stomach there was a large amount of a cloth blanket material as well as wires, plastic, and other foreign objects. There was also cloth material obstructing his pylorus. All of this material was removed with endoscopic forceps and surgery was avoided. Blue is being treated for a stomach ulcer and should have a full recovery.